Sunday, November 1, 2009

I wanna play the game. (I want the friction.)

I let October come and go without one single entry.
I said October would be better than September, and it was.
There were palpable differences I could see and taste and touch and feel, but there were emotional ties rebound and broken, too.

And now it's November and it's going to be my NaBloPoMo. (That is, National Blog Posting Month.) A post a day, for one month straight. Being that I haven't talked to y'all in awhile, I hope there's a lot to tell you.

Of course...there is a way you can help. If you're reading this, whether I've known you a month or all my life, whether you read this regularly or just wandered in this very minute, no matter what, comment and give me some inspiration. Perhaps it's a story you already know and want me to re-tell it. Perhaps it's a small idea you once heard me say in passing and would like me to explain in more detail. Perhaps you just really care about my thoughts on okra or sequins or Kevin Smith movies. Dunno. Just be my muse. Give me something.

November is going to be beautiful. Adrian comes home and New Moon hits theatres and I start rehearsals for my New York theatrical debut and I get to visit Charlotte and Atlanta and see the most important people in the world (and meet one of them) and the holiday season arrives and there's big things happening at work and there's always that possibility that around the corner, something crazy and exciting waits. Let's get started!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the idea...i'm doing it, too!

taryn said...

Let's hear about howmuchfunohmygoshicantwait we're going to have when you come to Europe in February!

elizabeth said...

i already gave you an idea, but i want to hear about new york city! write a letter to new york about why you love it so!

Sarah said...

I'm a day late and a dollar short. Literally, a dollar short. Anyone got a dollar I can borrow?

GO POSTING!

Jenn McKinzie said...

well on Nov. 2 you can write about someone who's kinda cool... just kidding... just tell stories and be witty! BE YOU!