Sunday, November 15, 2009

FIFTEEN!!!!!

Halfway point.

I have a busy two weeks ahead, so today has been delightfully lazy. (I did do a little cleaning. And ordered some makeup. Productive!!) Sadly, I'm terribly excited about going to work tomorrow for two reasons.

1) Today, I've spoken to no one but my cat, and I could use a little more interaction in the days to come.
2) I get to wear my neeew suit, neeeeeeew suit!

I never thought I'd be a suit. I especially never thought I'd be a suit AND ugly shoes. (I double dog dare you to find me cute shoes that allow me to stand comfortably all day. They don't exist.) And I really and absolutely, completely and totally NEVER envisioned I'd be excited about waking up early so I can put ON said suit.

But I am a suit now, so a suit I shall be. When I moved to New York, I owned no suits. Then I bought a blazer, and then another. Then my first "real" suit and now I'm up to four, two of which include both a skirt and pants. And labels? Started with Jones New York, graduated to Anne Klein, considered Tahari, and finally landed on Calvin Klein. What UP, life? Worse still, I wear pantyhose and pearls, too. And have a preferred dry cleaner.

And this week, I'm going to go get my neeeeew suit neeeeeew suit tailored. Seriously??

Some days, I don't even recognize myself. But then I spend a Sunday entirely in my pajamas, talking to my cat and locating my floor, and round it off with a blog entirely about suits and ugly shoes so I guess I'm still there somewhere.

Let the games begin. Rehearsals, lots 'o work, packing, Charlotte, Atlanta...here I come!

No comments: