Monday, May 12, 2008

Professional children is just this way that we live

Photographic evidence that it was a fun weekend.

I haven't had a roll on home at 5 AM night in awhile! I had missed you, old friend. Operation: Stop bitching, start living appears to still be going well. I looked around at my very pretty, very fun friends and said to myself "this isn't hard." Perhaps the dreary winter months had just scared us into our warm beds and now it's time to come out and play again.

And in truth, I'd still prefer it were my life a little less lonely. A hand to hold or a warm body in bed (the cat doesn't count) sure would be nice. But maybe this is just New York. Maybe it's not about what I want. It's what I got, instead.


Forget that job, that deadline. Your friends are here, they can help remind you it's a good life. A good life. A good night to be alive.
(Andy Davis)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm stealing your quote because, to be honest, even a warm body next to you isn't all it's cracked up to be... sometimes friends are worth more and deserve more of your time and love and smiles. Thanks for making me laugh last weekend