Tuesday, November 25, 2008

She likes to let it come right to the tip of her tongue, and then she feels like an angel talking

Once again, Crissie and I are putting our Southern(fried) upbringing to good use by hosting Thanksgiving dinner. Which basically means we cook and beg our friends to bring lots of wine in return. This typically results in much giggling and more leftovers. Good times.

As I will be working a looooooong day tomorrow, I took today to buy my supplies. I get to be in charge of the turkey. Upon purchasing said bird, I sent a text to tell everyone I'd named him Norbert and that Norbert was anxiously awaiting meeting everyone on Thursday. Then, Vida IMs me.

Vida: is norbert alive?
Alison: hahahahahah
yes
i have a live turkey hanging out with me and mags right now
she is NOT amused
Vida: when ya gonna lop off its head, skin it, cut its feet off and gut it
Alison: when you get here
please
i can't kill a roach, think i can wack a turkey?
Vida: you seriously have a live one?
Alison: vida.
Vida: no way
Alison: you're ridiculous.

The only thing I love more than making myself appear silly in my blog is making my friends appear silly. Right, Megan?

I pulled down a couple Christmasy things to get the apartment in the mood for the the inevitable decking of the halls that lies just around the corner. Hot damn, I sure do love star garland. Really, now. Is there anything better?



I'm pretty sure if I can navigate through this week and into next month, I just might survive. Oy. What are the warning signs of an ulcer, panic attack, heart attack, or otherwise?

No comments: