Monday, November 3, 2008

Put on your green lights. We're in the city of wonder.

Warning: This is a blog that may easily be filed under "Too Much Information" and also "Slightly Obnoxious"
Proceed at your own risk.

I'm a little mentally fragile today. Just in a funk, and I blame the weather, the early darkness, and PMS. (See, I warned you.) I tried all my usual cheer me up things. Bad daytime tv. Exercise. Hummus. Guitar. Internetting. I contemplated knitting, but figured that would just frustrate me. I even did my most favorite I'm having a bad day activity - putting on makeup, doing my hair, and taking pointless pictures. (Look at how much you're getting to know me in this here entry!)



But I've just had me such a hearty chuckle that I can't even believe I spent the day being such a sourpuss. See, tomorrow is the day that America will head to the polls. (Or in my case, hope their absentee ballots actually get a chance to be counted. I decided a vote for Obama in NC would count more than a vote for Obama in NY, so I kept my registration in NC.) And I have this unfailing belief that we will finally do right by ourselves, give a big ole TTTTHHHHHHBBBBBTTTTTTTTTT to the GOP, and elect Obama into office. I've steered away from political tirades in this space because I do not feel defined by my political beliefs. That being said, this election has excited and energized me and I cannot wait to watch the poll results roll in tomorrow.

So of course, Megan and I planned a slumber party. We've both had a kind of rough go of things lately. Giggling always helps ease the troubled, hormonal mind. (Again, with the TMI.) While planning said Election Night Slumber Party, the following conversation occurred.

Megan: so what should I make for dessert?
me: something blue
Megan: something blue? blueberry pie?
me: FUNFETTI CUPCAKES WITH BLUE ICING!!!
Megan: ooooohhhh
me: hahahahahhaha
Megan: so just blue
as in obama
or red white and blue for america
or apple pie
which is american
me: NO RED
NO RED ANYWHERE
Megan: haha
ok
hehe
well lasagna is red
or has red in it
me: fine. but we can't help that
unless
we dyed the sauce blue too
Megan: then we'd have blue poo
between that and the cupcakes
which of course will be chocolate


::cue crickets::

oh wait that may have sounded racist
me: HAHAHAHAHA
Megan: i meant cuz of [the PMSing]


Chocolate cupcakes for Obama! Obama in general! Chocolate, too!!! HoooooRAY!!!



No comments: