Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm as nowhere as I can be. Could you add some somewhere to me?

Let's talk about last weekend, shall we?
(Yes, I know it's closer to this weekend than last and that that officially makes me a slacker, but whatever.)

So Taryn came to town because...well, because I live in a fun city with good food and hot men. So, we ate good food and drooled over hot men. Oh, and shopped for shoes.

After a relatively tame Friday night full of steak and red wine, we awoke Saturday morning to see Speed the Plow. Enter Hot Man #1 of the weekend - Jeremy Piven. And while I'd given him a solid "pretty darn good," homeboy wasn't NOTHIN' compared to my favorite Broadway baby, Raul Esparza. Damn. It is borderline disgusting how talented that man is. Perhaps 2009 will finally be his Tony year, since 2007 and 8 failed him.

I'm not a huge Mamet fan, but I didn't hate this one. Two thumbs up! Excellent see!

Our Pinkberry initiation followed the show.

Now I know why I never went to Pinkberry. Because now I'm obsessed with the stuff. And want to eat it every day, even though it's freezing. Literally. It's literally freezing here now, y'all. This weekend, I was hot in short sleeves, yet Monday I saw my first snowflake.

Then we shopped. Taryn needed boots, so we found her some. See?

I then tried to defy the elements and have a good hair night. It didn't work. Oh well. You just can't win 'em all.

And then it was Perilla time! Or, more importantly, Hot Man #2, Harold Dieterle! Or more importantly, the food! Or more importantly, Harold! The food! The food! Harold! I DON'T KNOW. IT'S ALL INSANELY AMAZING.
I had the duck.


So the food was amazing. The Harold sightings, not so much. Sigh. I guess I'll just have to wait until worst case scenario Alison rears her ugly head once more, 'member?

But I digress. And now I need to be corny. I realized the ladies who joined me for dinner all represented a different, large chapter of my life. And I just think it's cool that all the chapters are still busy weaving themselves together to create a really remarkable, albeit a bit bizarre, story.

And that's what I have to say about that.

No comments: