Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's crazy what a little joy can do.

It’s the first morning of the first day of my life as a 26 year old. I fell asleep in a familiar bed and woke up to the voices and laughter of two of my favorite people. I ate Chick-Fil-A and drank Sweet Tea for breakfast and now I’m anxiously awaiting an afternoon by the pool followed by an evening of beer and giggling.

I know I’ve been mighty full of Life Is Good lately. I’m also full of questions and nerves and uncertainty but I guess it’s all a little easier to take when you’ve seen the big picture and carry around a lot of love.

So this year, instead of making wishes for me, I’m going to make birthday wishes for you. May my 26th year see many smiles light your face and share long nights deep in conversation. I hope you’re happy and successful in all that you do. I wish for your relationships to grow deeper, stronger, more true. I pray for love - more love than any of us ever thought possible and only as much as we need so that there is always plenty to share. And it’s completely selfish that I want all these things for you, my friends. Because I know that when you’re on top of the world, I’ll be there too.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I have to say, I truly enjoy your blog. Great post!
~ annie

Julie-Anne said...

Aww, happy day!

Tricia said...

Right on! you're the coolest!

I'm glad you got sweet tea on your birthday...