Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Maybe I'm thinking myself in a hole. Wondering who I am when I ought to know.

I looked down at my dinner plate tonight and burst into a fit of laughter when I realized I am still eating like a 4 year old.Granted, I made the chicken fingers myself, basting them first with dijonnaise, then coating them in a mixture of cornflakes and bread crumbs and baking them. And 4 year old Alison never touched a green bean. But still. A very juvenile dinner for a girl...fine, a woman...who will be 26 in less than a month.


So I had a beer, too.
(Very mature glass selection I might add.)

And since I am about to be another year closer to 30, I have made a decision. This is the year I stop being dysfunctional when it comes to relationships. So I'm going to start dating, as that is something I hear many adults do quite successfully. After realizing that the men in Brooklyn bars are actually cavemen and I'm not really a Manhattan bar kind of gal and none of my friends have anyone for me and I don't exactly work in a place conducive for match making, I have decided to admit defeat, bite the bullet, and actually give the internet dating scene a shot. Only, I still refuse to pay for it.

I signed up for okcupid today.

90% of the men that "approached" me were morons that could not differentiate between your and you're. But two stood out. And one asked me out. And I finally think I'm ready to consider this a viable option. So, watch me go! Look Ma, I'm DATING.

(Let's just all vow not to forget that the one man I DID deign worthy enough to meet me offline ended up getting rip-roaring drunk, chased me down, and slapped me in a parking lot. To say I am hesitant to believe this is entirely safe in New York, of all places, is a gross understatement.)


And there you have it.

No comments: