Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm all out of love. I'm so lost without you.

I never thought I'd say this. But I love summertime.
Especially because, in New York, there are a TON of free, fantastic things to do. I've already fallen in love with Coney Island. (And I NEVER thought I would be a beach girl. But I will be. Every day off between now and cooler weather, you will probably find my butt firmly planted in the sand.)
Last night, Crissie and I munched on carrots and hummus as we sat in Prospect Park (with 150,000 fellow New Yorkers) and listened to opera. It was, in a word, lovely.





Of course, I considered it a simple warm up for my FAVORITE free New York tradition...SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK. This year features Hamlet and Hair...to say I'm excited would be a gross understatement.

2 comments:

kimz said...

Oh my god, I love that you used Air Supply as your subject header!

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you about Romeo and Juliet at the Green (outdoor space uptown)? It. Was. Awesome. Charlotte is quickly catching up to NY!