Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm a dreamer. A distant dreamer.

Some things.

1) I sure do love Barack Obama. I especially loved the debate. I really super loved watching John McCain act like a whiny little bitch. Maverick, my ass. And next time you talk about (not) being Miss Congeniality of the Senate, Imma sick Sandra Bullock on yo ass. (I'm so not gangster. I try. I do.)

2) I have no idea what got into me, but I went on a shopping binge from the comfort of my own couch this weekend. I basically bought out every store's remaining summer lines in the hopes I can learn how to layer and not look like a dumpy blueberry this fall.

3) Speaking of shopping, it's entirely possible I may have accidentally shoplifted this week. Needed a new suit for work, so to Macy's I went. Found something gorgeous, although entirely out of my price range. Bit the bullet and bought it anyhoo, noting that the price I paid was considerably lower than I had anticipated. Said a quiet little prayer for Macy's sales. Got home, checked my receipt and realized she only charged me for the jacket and not the pants, too. Whoops. Ok. So. I definitely accidentally shoplifted. But it's not as if I tried to pull a fast one! I handed her the pants and jacket and two separate hangers! Can my conscious be clean now? Please?

4) I decided to pull all my winter/fall stuff. Unfortunately, there is a large bug with about a bijillion legs chilling out in the first suitcase I pulled. So I screamed, shoved it back under the bed, and here I sit, shaking, blogging instead.

5) I'm going to Paris next year. True story. But first, I need to learn French. Bonjour! Je m'apelle Alison! Ca va! Bien sur! Look! I'm a natural!

6) Being a boss is hard and also awesome.

7) It's entirely possible that this week might suck.

8) I miss Charlotte so much I sometimes feel like I might spontaneously burst into tears.

9) I loved New York in the Fall so much I sometimes feel like I might spontaneously burst into squeals and cackles.

10) Roll Tide! Go Panthers! Way to show those silly Georgia teams how it is DONE this weekend!

That's all.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

i loved your blog until I got to the part about the Alabama game... boo! how is it that we have been friends for over ten years with you being a bama fan??

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I stumbled across your blog awhile back and started reading...and have kept reading. We definitely have a lot in common -- tomorrow I celebrate my third anniversary with the Big Apple. It's also my goal to get to Paris before my next birthday (when I'm officially old). I've never commented before, but I simply had to on this post...because I'm from Charlotte and when I read your comment that sometimes you miss it so much you want to cry....Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth! NY is awesome this time of year, but there's still nothing that compares to the south...anytime, all the time. Congrats on your 2 years, keep up the blogging! :)

Janice said...

Really...you had to go there about the "Georgia" thing?