Monday, September 22, 2008

Here I am, I am. Movin' at fast speeds.

Happy Two Year Anniversary to Moi et New York!

That's right. At this time precisely two years ago, I was crammed in a van somewhere around Jersey, waiting to arrive in New York and start my new life! And now, here I am. A supervisor of a growing company. Full of life and friends. And fears. And questions. Not at all wanting the things I once did, but somehow replacing old dreams with shiny new hopes. Still learning to live by doing instead of dreaming. A veritable master of the subway and cheap eats inside an expensive city. Capable of functioning solo. Happier and more well-adjusted than I ought to be (or ever thought possible).

And still, not at all aware of or concerned with what tomorrow holds. Will I make it to three years? Only time will tell. I make no promises. Only wishes. And at this point, I don't even know what I'm wishing for anymore which only leads me to believe I must be doing something right. Life's a little more fun when you're living beyond your own imagination.

Happy two years, baby. Thanks for putting up with me. (That goes quadruple for those who join me inside this city's limitless boundaries.)

No comments: