Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nice work if you can get it. And if you get it - won't you tell me how?

Picture-whore that I am, I tend to leave my camera at home and rely on my phone to capture the points of hilarity that seemingly abound in this crazy place. I was just cleaning off my phone and discovered some moments of late I had failed to share.

Now, I really do need to get a "real" picture of this.

I cannot figure out WHY anyone is paying actual money to run this campaign. There's no fine print anywhere. No company name, no nothing. The ad is exactly what it appears to be in this extraordinarily bad picture - a poster advertising pills you take to turn into Kanye. (And these ads are ALL OVER the subways, too.) If some poor little rich kid is just looking for a way to burn through a stack of cash and have a chuckle, I'd be glad to help think of some much funnier, better ways.


And because I like to make fun of terrible word choices...

...why did no one point out that "Liquid All" may have been a better choice? Man. I should have gone on a beer run and argued that the sign outside said "All Liquid" and that beer is in fact a liquid. Smartypants.


FINALLY! WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

This is no aisle view of Hot Topic. Nope. Just my friendly neighborhood Duane Reade. Helping me dye my hoo-ha.


Also, Elizabeth chopped all my hair off yesterday.

It would look cuter had I not had to haul my cute self on and off of 3 trains and then walk an additional 15 blocks before finding a way into Manhattan this morning. Ah, public transportation. I pretty much hate you. The silly part is that just yesterday, I was giving the F train an imaginary pat on the back for more frequent, less crowded trains.


Speaking of train-wrecks, I'm seeing A Tale of Two Cities: The Musical tonight.

1 comment:

Meredith Brim said...

I personally think that Betty is better left au naturale...I doubt anyone's going to complain about a few grays or that your highlight session at Sanctuary didn't go below the belt.

Also, being an Auburn fan, the center box makes me giggle. I just racked my brain for a non-giggle-inducing word there..."'Package', no...'box'...no...option???"