Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'll trade the moon for the sun, but this feeling for no one.

Sometimes I forget to love New York. Whenever this happens, I find myself doing things I can only do here. Tonight, I went to a Mets game and rounded things off at Rhythm and Booze. As I walked home, alone, I started humming This Little Light of Mine for no particular reason. I suddenly felt really capable and strong.

Sometimes, I get too tangled up in what I want for myself and what I think I should be working towards. I plot and I plan and yet things never live up to my own expectations. Tonight I started to silently beat myself up for once again falling short of the mark. As I walked home, alone, I told myself to be here now. I suddenly felt much more at peace.

I think God's the one who has made me capable and strong and assisted my destiny's course, but it's my job to chill out and enjoy the ride. What's going to happen, will. The universe won't fall apart should I stop daydreaming about tomorrow.

Be here now.
So. Here I am.

No comments: