Thursday, January 17, 2008

All at once you look across a crowded room to see the way that light attaches to a girl.

Today, I chopped 4 inches off my hair, made smart food decisions, and submitted my headshot and resume for acting classes.

So very obviously, it was a good day. I would talk more about it, but I'm working on that whole talking less, acting more thing. In fact, I think I'm just going to strive to be as impulsive as possible everyday. I'm sure planning to be impulsive kind of negates the act itself. But I don't really care. I feel like I've been conditioned to think immediate gratification is a bad thing.

It's not. (Entirely.) In fact, it really only is when we talk about things like eating an entire pizza or engaging in drunken unprotected sex or spending a paycheck on hot shoes. And even those things haven't killed me.

Maybe it's not impulsiveness I need more of. Maybe it's just that trusting my gut thing. I wanted to get my hair cut, so I did, and it looks amazing. I want to lose 17 pounds by April 1, so I think I will. Primary Stages felt right when I entered the website, so I think they're getting my money. Perhaps I've just been doing things wrong because I've never really stopped and listened to myself before. I just over-analyzed and accepted my irrational ways as truth.

I feel very wacky and eccentric tonight. (I kind of like it.)

No comments: