Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rock on, rock on with your fashionable frown

Despite what my previous post may have suggested, I'm fine.  Not crushed or depressed or in a bad place or anything.  I mostly just needed to vent and to remember cliches are overused for a reason and that I'm not the only one who's ever felt this way and that I (hopefully) won't feel like this forever.

Oh and also, that no man is worth the tears and the one who is won't make me cry.  Whoops.  Sorry.  Had to slide one more in.

I've rejoined both match.com and okcupid recently.  And this time I think I'll be a little more open to dating for the sake of dating than dating for the sake of sensing immediate sparks, getting married, and having babies.  Safer approach, yes?

Work is insane right now.  Not bad, just busy.  (And if it's like this now, I'm a little terrified for November/December.)  I have a 60 hour week waiting in the wings, and at first I was nervous but if I just focus and take it day by day, I'm pretty sure it won't be the end of the world.  Instead of eating like crap and not exercising enough, I've decided to up the yoga to twice a day and try a new diet.  Don't worry, nothing quick, no fads.  Just a really basic, simple, common sense approach.  You see, I went to the doctor and she recommended a little something called the Rainbow Diet.  The key thing to remember?  White isn't anywhere in the rainbow.  So, no white bread, sugar, salt, etc.  She also recommended I cut back on my dairy intake which...well.  I refuse to ever stop eating cheese but ok, I can eliminate a little milk and yogurt if I have to.   She wants me on rice or almond milk, neither of which I'm crazy about, so we're compromising on one serving of soymilk a day. 

Best part?  She told me, specifically, to eat a lot of pineapple.  Confused?  Please direct your attention to the web address of this very blog.  Yup.  Eat a lot of pineapple?  I got this, Doc.  I'm a little concerned that the diet is relatively fruit heavy and lacking in veggies, protein and carbs but...we'll see?  I'm pretty sure eating lettuce, fresh fruit, and chicken all week isn't exactly going to make me gain. 

For the first time in my life, I have been silent for over 24 hours by my own choice.  (I've done it several times before due to necessity, or double-dog dares.)  It's been lovely.  I think I'm going to enforce one Mute Sunday per month, in addition to the No Pants Sunday rule already very much present each week.  Mmmmm.  Good idea, me. 

No comments: