Saturday, August 7, 2010

I could really use a wish right now.

In the wake of my most recent boy-crazy fueled disaster (seriously, why do I even bother believing anymore?) I've had a whole slew of words of wisdom, friends' advice, song lyrics and cliches running rampant through my head.  Of course, seeing that I'm the one home alone with my cat on a Saturday night, wearing a t-shirt I've had at least 10 years, eating Chinese takeout, watching chick flicks and brooding over my stupid mouth, I guess I'm the real cliche here.

And now I'm going to put all these words and lyrics out into the world in hopes they're true and I'll listen next time.   Hell, here's hoping I'll listen THIS time, as I'm not exactly out of the woods just yet.

love hurts 

love bites

I find a fatal flaw in the logic of love
  
Love is never having to say you're sorry

Everything happens for a reason

How many times can I break till I shatter?

Time heals all wounds

But time takes time, you know?

You're better off without him

Boy, you're better off with me in your head.

He doesn't deserve you

It'll happen when it happens

I just haven't met you yet.

He's just not that into you.

Shit happens

I'm tired of being alone.  So hurry up and get here. 

Whatever will be, will be 

Let it be.

It is what it is

Let it ride.  Let it roll, let it go.

Love many, trust few, and always paddle your own canoe.
 
love conquers all
Love conquers all
   
Love conquers all.

(Never say never.) 

And when you figure out love is all that matters after all, it sure makes everything else seem so small. 

The funny thing about hope is that it's inextinguishable.   

You see, sometimes I'm a woman and sometimes, a mess. 

No comments: