Sunday, January 3, 2010

I've seen enough, I'm not giving up on a miracle drug

I love infomercials.

I love infomercials because they tell me about things I never knew I needed. I mean, take the one that came on 5 minutes ago. Until that faithful moment, I had no idea that making brownies was such a bother, SUCH A CHORE. But now, I'm absolutely convinced that I cannot bake one more chocolate treat until I own...THE PERFECT BROWNIE.

I mean, not only does PERFECT BROWNIE make...THE PERFECT BROWNIE...but it also comes packed with ideas on how to make everyone's favorite treat even better. I swear, I NEVER thought about making a marble brownie, or M&M coated brownies or a Christmas tree stenciled brownie until PERFECT BROWNIE came along.

I simply cannot go one more day without one.

And my favorite part of any and absolutely ALL infomercials is the part where amazing announcer guy shouts AND WAIT! and then proceeds to tell you about how they're going to double your order for free (plus shipping and handling) and throw in something not at all related to what you're ordering in the first place. I am truly lucky that my bright pink Snuggie came complete with a magnifying book light. I'd be lost without them both.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go order Miss Maggie an EmeryCat.

1 comment:

kimz said...

"You're gonna love my nuts!" Best line from an infomercial ever.

Also, the TimeLife infomercials for the box sets of music? LOVE THEM SO MUCH.