Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mine is not a new story.

Long awkward gaps in posts leave me with no choice but to write long awkward "this is what I've been up to" entries.

So here goes.

First and foremost, hair curlers have become more and more a part of my daily routine. Seriously? I didn't expect to turn into my mother for at least another decade.
(Oh, and as we all know, "this is what I've been up to" entries contain lots of pictures.)

That's me, circa 5 seconds ago. Real-time blogging y'all. I'm so hip and happening I can't stand it.

Oh, the hair is also new. Apparently I was hungry when I toddled on over to Duane Reade, because I came home with a box of "chocolate covered cherry" for my tired, bored locks. I go to Aveda for a trim on Monday and can't wait to see what they make of my homemade dye job.

But there's more to me than hair.

Speaking of hair, I saw Hair! And Billy Elliot, too! Broadway's new season pretty much kicks ass. Billy Elliot had me doubled over screeching and crying and snotting from all the laughter. Incredible. Absolutely incredible, start to finish. I could not WAIT to give a standing ovation at the end...and I'm one of those standing o snobs that HATES that it's become expected and passe at the end of EVERY PERFORMANCE OF ANY SHITTY SHOW. Hair was also just solidly good. I don't have quite the rant and rave about that one, but I sure did enjoy myself. I'm still waiting patiently for the opportunities to see West Side Story, Blithe Spirit, Rock of Ages and yes, even 9 to 5! Crissie and I saw Guys and Dolls a few weeks ago. I wanted it to be fantastic, but it sure wasn't. In fact, it was so bad that at the end of the show, I threw Crissie down the stairs just so we'd have something different to talk about on the way home and wouldn't spend the entire subway ride wailing OH CRAIG! TITUSS! MARY! WHAT HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOURSELVES INTO!?!? But that's a whole different story for a whole different day.

(I didn't ACTUALLY throw my roommate down the stairs. But she did take a tumble, so we like our new version of the story better.)

There have been some other fun happenings. Mardi Gras, for starters. Kim suggested we dress up as Robert Palmer girls. So we did.


I can't lie. It was pretty hilarious. Flying Vs included.

And then Jennimafer came to visit me! We pumped some money into New York's economy and some wine and cupcakes into ourselves and generally had a delightful time.


(Hey Jenn, I'm really glad you've been in my life for nearly 9 years now and I giggle when I think about the freshman we once were vs. the women we've become. Thank you for coming to spend some time with me!)

Megan turned 28! So of COURSE we had to help her celebrate. So of COURSE there was a tiara involved!

Which of COURSE I was eventually kind enough to let the Birthday Girl wear.


After reviewing Megan's birthday party film, I would now like to take a moment to note that I believe I am beginning to have a profound negative impact on my friends' picture taking abilities. Scroll back two entries to see a typical picture of me. Now, observe.




Apparently, it has become far too big a favor to ask that anyone just smile pretty for a gosh-darned picture. Self included. Whoops.

And THAT, my friends, brings you up to speed. Taryn arrives in a few more days before her Adventures in Italy commence. I am positive there will be more sordid tales and inappropriate pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Dear Alison,
I love you. You are beautiful.
Love,
Tricia