Friday, October 17, 2008

Will I discover a soul-saving love, or just the dirt above and below me?

Beware, the dreaded once a week updates. I fear that after this, I'll dwindle down to one per month, followed by the increasingly sporadic "I'm so sorry, I suck at blogging!" posts. Noooooo!!! I MUST MUST MUST find things to tell you about!

Yesterday was spent snoozing, wearing flannel, watching bad tv, and eating sushi.

This morning, I tried a different approach. I woke up at a perfectly respectable hour. I put on jeans and my most favorite snuggly sweater and grabbed Lori's latest, greatest idea.

Our shared journal. Don't be jealous. It's not our fault we're adorable.

I also grabbed my camera, for in front of my favorite bar stands my favorite tree, all blazing with violently orange leaves. I wanted to show you. But when I arrived, I found this.

Enter metaphor for life: don't ever, ever hesitate to capture intense moments of beauty. You never know when they're going to blow away. C'est la vie.

Onward I trekked, to Terrace Bagels. I was all set for turkey bacon and egg whites on a multigrain bagel, when I made my most favorite discovery. It's Autumn, which means it's time for apple cinnamon cream cheese. You have no idea how happy this makes me.

You have no idea how happy their coffee makes me.


And then I sat in the park and stared at blank pages for awhile before I finally summoned the desire to tell Lori some stories.

Oh, and I mourned the passing of flip flop season.

It's officially time for silly things like socks and boots, y'all.

And then I began to write and boy hidey, did it feel good.


When I finished writing, I stayed put on my bench and grinned at all the toddlers and nannies and dogs and daddies that crossed my path.

Good morning, I'd say.

1 comment:

kimz said...

The shared journal is one of the most fantastic ideas ever. Loni and I have been doing it for about 8 years now, on and off. The best part is when you store them away and come back to read them years later.