Friday, February 22, 2008

Not so sure what I was dreaming. About, but I'm sure it was better.

Things are lining up and falling into place and I feel alright.

Tonight as I exited the train, a group of 17 year old boys cat-called and wolf-whistled me. I'm not sure why, but it was the perfect kind of validation as I strutted into the cold New York night. Tikka masala and naan with friends sealed the deal and as I floated away on a cloud of free beer and silly Howie Day songs, I realized I'm in the right place right now.

Avenue Q is having an open call next week. I don't want to make a big deal, and I hardly have huge expectations, but I'm excited that a role I've always coveted is coming open in time for me to try for it. And what good is New York without at least a few Broadway auditions before I go? Life's a blank page and I intend to fill it with exciting stories.

I know of about 16 births in the past month. Mother Nature seems to be tugging at my heart strings. "If you're not going to do this, then please do something else worthwhile." Mostly, I'm just happy that my current state of being is anything but boring.

No comments: