Sunday, September 5, 2010

At times I feel myself smiling, at times I'm not. Doo doo doo doo.

The calls for a new blog post have started to roll in again.  Ah, to be popular. 

So I guess the first bit of big news is I've signed up for my first 5k.  And not just any 5k.  Allow me to walk you through it (pun intended).  First, there will be some running through the wilderness, followed by cargo nets.  More running, then some "island hopping" through cold and muddy water.  Running.  Mud.  Running.  Cold muddy water.  Running.  Tire jungle.  Running.  7 foot barricades.  Running.  Tunnels.  Running through the forest.  Running.  Tunnels.  Running.  Running up a large hill.  Running.  LEAPING OVER FIRE. 
Finish line.

My training has turned from mmmm, doesn't yoga feel good? to mmmmyeahyoga plus serious cargo plus things that make my arms and shoulders go OW.  OW OW OW OW OW OW OW.  Megan and I have started Couch 2 5K which is helping a LOT.  I still just don't think I'm ever going to be "a runner" but I do think I'll survive this course without dying of a heart attack.  Nothing to kick-start my dormant metabolism like training for (and executing) a course designed by Navy Seals, right?

Sigh.  Now that I've led with the big news, anything else I say is going to seem pretty wussy and weak.  In short: work crazy, cat cute, Autumn arriving, diet succeeding and FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE.  Basically, I couldn't be anymore giddy over this time of year.  Between the new Broadway shows to look forward to, the better weather, and Saturdays filled with the best sport (and team) ever, I have a lot to look forward to.  And then, without time to recharge, it'll be time for holiday season and all the chaos (and joy) it brings.  I am literally breathless with anticipation.
Or perhaps, just breathless from all the running. 

And now, I'll leave you with some pictures from a lovely Monday spent at the beach.  Adieu, Summer.  I am SO glad to see you go. 

1 comment:

ettible said...

Wow, I can't believe I was excited about this post that turned out to be about SPORTS and DIETING. Cats I can deal with.

Toooooootally agree on the weather, though. To dinner last night, Kamran wore a blazer and a sweater vest, and I wore short sleeves and sandals. We can dress however we want! It is truly the best time of year.