Monday, December 1, 2008

But it's thoughts like these that catch my troubled head (when you're away, when I am missing you to death)

Do you know how I know I'm getting old(er)?

Today was my day off. The apartment is relatively clean. The dishes are mostly done. (Thanks, Megan.) My underwear drawer is mostly full, which is to say I don't have an immediate and desperate need to do laundry. I can still see the creases on the pants legs of my suits, which is to say I didn't feel like a dry cleaner run just yet.

Happy to not have an agenda, I plopped my butt on the couch, vampire fiction in hand. Elizabetta has been coaxing me to read Twilight for months, and yet it has just now become too difficult to ignore, what, with all the Facebook status updates and changing of artificial last names to Cullen. Might as well see what the big deal is about, right?

So here's picture proof of my perfect day.


Upon finishing the book, (and sushi - YUM) I emailed Crissie and begged her presence for a movie screening. I could not wait another second to see Edward and judge Bella. (I'm not worthy, I'm not wooooorthy!!!!) Tickets and popcorn and Diet Coke in hand, we settled in.

And my first reaction?

Bella's dad is CUTE.

That's right, folks. I am at the age where the FATHERS in films now appeal to me.

I'm old. There. I proved it.

1 comment:

kimz said...

You know, I thought the exact same thing when I started watching Gossip Girl.

Which, by the way, is a horribly addictive show.