Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hello. Is it me you're looking for?

It's halfway through March and I have yet to give a recent State of the Alison address. Well. That's cause things are going. Not necessarily perfectly but not exactly poorly. (Perfect? Poor? I don't know. Some English major. I mostly don't feel like thinking right now.)

But I did make a promise at the beginning of this year that 2008 would be the year I stopped talking and started doing. So isn't lack of blogging proof that I'm doing just that?

Truth of the matter is, I've been spending a LOT more time buried deep inside real, live pages that I write on with a pen. It's kind of nice, really. I can even take my thoughts along with me to places that my computer cord won't reach, like park benches and subways. I wonder if other people know about this. Hopefully one day soon I will transport those words into this forum, for I have many new things to share.

Also, thanks to the recent demise of my iPod, I've been reading. Like, a whole lot. Dorothy Parker is my hero, William Mastrosimone is incredible, and Taoism is best explained with Pooh characters.

And knee socks. I've decided I looooooove knee socks.

2 comments:

Crystal Ann said...

knee socks, eh?
sounds like fun.
let's see some pictures of said socks, okay?
okay.


love you.
um, cute decor idea. haha ;)

kimz said...

Loni and I have a notebook that we each keep for a few weeks and we write it in whenever the mood strikes - on the T, at lunch, at the office when I am bored (and not chattingwith you!). It's kind of fantastic and sometimes I think about breaking out one of my old journals or starting a new one just to keep for myself.